Joe Jalbert is a court qualified Forensic Document Examiner in New York State. He provides document examination services in civil and criminal cases. He has worked for attorneys, law enforcement officials, district attorneys, public defenders, colleges, banks, corporations, private individuals and the Republican and Democratic Parties.
Court Qualified Expert Testimony - Handwriting Examinations and Identifications
Established since 1973.
Court Qualified Witness:
Testified in New York State Federal, Supreme, county and civil courts through out New York State. List of testimonies upon request.
Services and Consultations On:
- Anonymous letters
- Threatening notes
- Wall writings
- Wills and Deeds
- Insurance Forms
- Promissory notes
- Bank forms
- Voter registrations
- Mortgage Documents
- Insurance Forms
- Registration forms
- Medical entries in Doctors reports
- High School and College exam papers
- Credit cards
- Examination of photocopies, faxes, typewritten and computer-generated documents
- Document photography, scans and image enhancement
- Courtroom testimony, demonstrative exhibits and consultation
Note: We are not attorneys. We recommend you retain legal council prior to contacting a Forensic Document Examiner.
- National Association of Document Examiners (NADE)
- American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM) Forensic Document subcommittee (E30.02)
- New York State Technical Advisory Service for attorneys - Forensic Document Examiner
- The American College of Forensic Examiners
- International Association for Identification, I.A.I., (Upstate New York Chapter ) Past President
Education and Professional Development:
- Mr. Jalbert is a certified handwriting analyst who has been studying handwriting analysis since 1960 and Forensic Document Examination since 1967.
- Mr. Jalbert trained for 3 years under Keith Ross, Forensic Document Examiner, Webster, New York
- Mr. Jalbert attends annual NADE conferences as a source of continuing education
- BS Mechanical Engineering served as Mechanical Engineer, Project Engineer, Chief of Construction and Director of Engineering for the Air Force
- Masters Courses in Education, Psychology and Test and Measurements. Taught Math and Physics
- Math, Physics and Science Teacher Certification - Life time teaching certificate in Massachusetts.
- Continuing education through research & publication of peer-level document publications.
Zoom Stereomicroscopes, Pitagora TrueScan Security Document Analyzer Instrument includes infra-red, Zabeco Microscope with infra red 40-140X, Ultraviolet lamp magnifier, Visioneer scanner 4400 USB, Micro Max LED lighted zoom microscope 60-100x Power, Mitutoyo Digimatic Venire Calipers, document inspection light table, 4x fluorescent document magnifier and a number of 2x to 10x hand held magnifiers.
- Maintain a professional library containing over 100 books and articles on handwriting and Forensic Document Examination.
- Read and have numerous books written by noted authors in the field of Forensic Document Examination.
- Document Examiner - "Expert Witness" - New York State Public Defender Forensic and Investigator Forum 1987
- Document Examination - Detecting "Forgeries Requires Analysis of Strokes and Pressures - New York State" Barb Association Journal: Nov/Dec 2000
- Document Examination - A David and Goliath Case - Journal of the National Association of Document Examiners: Spring 2002, Volume 25, No. 1
- Examination of a Promissory Note - Journal of National Association of Document Examiners: Spring 2003, Volume 25, No. 1